If MFI sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I feel that I could support and exemplify the doctrinal emphasis of MFI?
- Do I feel a need to relate to like-minded ministers who are seeking to build a glorious church in these days?
- Do I want to relate in fellowship with and have mutual accountability to other leaders with strong convictions?
- Do I want to join efforts with complimentary ministries to see God accomplish His purpose to extend His kingdom into all the world?
If the answer to these questions is “yes”, you are definitely a candidate for membership in MFI.
What do I need to do to become a member?
To become a member of MFI you must become acquainted with a minister who is a current member of MFI and ask that minister to become your sponsor.
- Ask your sponsor to complete and sign the Sponsor’s Reference Form (which they will have on file) and have them forward it to you.
- Complete the MFI Membership Application Form which your sponsor will email to you.
- Post these two forms, complete with signatures, to the MFI Australasia Office for processing.
- Once your application has been processed the MFI Australasia Office will send you a link to the online MFI Membership Questionnaire which you are to fill out.
- You will be invited to attend the Annual or Regional MFI Conference as a pending applicant while your application is being processed.
- Make yourself available for a personal interview with two members of the Australasian Leadership Team (or with your Regional representative).
- Itinerant Ministries will only need to pay an annual fee of $100 per individual (or husband and wife team), on the provision that they are under the ongoing covering of a sponsor church. This will also be applicable on approvals to application for retiring ministers under section 11.1.2 under the MFI constitution
- If your annual income as a church excluding item specific donations is less than $22,500 then the minimum payment is $495.00 (incl GST) which includes two additional couples as part of their team. Further additions to the leadership team can be added but need to be first approved by the ALT.
- A financial support payment of 2.2% (incl GST) of the annual church income only* (excluding item-specific donations such as missions contributions given to your church to be passed on, bequeathed funds or building fund donations).
- If your annual income is $150,000 or more then payments are capped at a $3,300 limit (incl GST).
To ensure that MFI will be a good fit for you and your church community, there is an application process which every potential member must go through. To understand what is involved in becoming a MFI member follow these steps:
Read through our foundations which outline the nature of the covenant relationship between members. If you are in agreement, go to step 2.
Read through the membership process above and the FAQ’s to get an understanding of what is involved.
Contact your respective MFI State Leader to discuss your application in person.